Saturday, September 5, 2015

Day to Share

On Friday, we went over The Chrysanthemum one last time and then opened the class to share what we brought in. Dorthy and Shelia brought in poems, Faye brought in a personal narrative, Ellen wrote a short poem during our session, and I brought in a short story. Dorthy's poem, Grandma Message, tells the reader about how faith is gift for her and her grandmother Rachael. A beautiful quote at the end of her poem tells us "... faith is the ultimate gift I have for you, my precious Rachael." Shelia opens herself to her daughter Lisa Marie and her boyfriend Jordan in her poem, If I Had a Son. Shelia shares her love for him at the end of her poem with "Jordan, if I had a son, he would be just like you." Sheila also brought in a picture of her daughter and Jordan. Fae's short descriptive narrative is about her memory of her father who took care of fields of daffodils and tulips. Fae tells how daffodils today will always have her father in them. She wrote, "I will always have a yellow daffodils in my home in honor of my dear Father." Ellen wrote us a poem in class that tells us that "Those we love don't go away" and are "still loved, still missed, and very dear." Lastly, I brought in a short story The Land of the Waves. Next week's reading is The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway.  
Ellen's in class poem
Dorthy's poem, Grandmas Message
Fae's personal narrative, The Color Yellow
Shelia's poem, If I Had a Son

No comments:

Post a Comment