Saturday, August 8, 2015

Our First Reading Club Session!!

Our first day was fantastic. Everyone was thrilled to have a book reading club at the Brigham City Community Center. Each member has his or her own reason why he or she loves reading, and in fact, there are a few that read ten times faster than me and it seemed like I opened the door to those who are obsessed to reading. I must admit: I feel like I started a new club to avid readers who are way beyond me and my reading experience. We went over an outline of what we will go over in our sessions, read The Story of An Hour by Kate Chopin to practice what we will do after we finish each reading, and passed out The Open Boat by Stephen Crane and a list of questions they can mull over while they read the short story. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment